Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rainy days are my favorite.

It's been raining off and on all day. Sometimes it's pouring and seems like I'm going to need a boat to go anywhere. Other times it's a light drizzle, the kind that makes you want to lift your face to the sky and let the soft rainfall lightly caress your face. Either way, it made me yearn for Disneyland. Some of my best Disneyland memories are covered in rain. Rain seems to cause people to stay away from Dland, which makes it the perfect time to go in my opinion. The Park is deserted and quiet and the lines are so short you can walk on to almost every ride, except Space Mountain which seems to keep its allure in any weather.

My favorite rainy day memory at Disneyland was when we went for my birthday one year. I was turning anywhere from 18-21, I think. We saw Lion King on stage at the Pantages, stayed in a hotel one night and went to Disneyland during that trip but not in that particular order. I do remember, however, that it rained the whole time we were at Disneyland. My most vivid memory that day is of riding California Screamin' with Jon. I have no idea where my parents or Micah were when Jon and I had this brilliant idea to ride a roller coaster in the pouring rain. What I do remember is how much fun we had as we went flying along getting soaked as the raindrops pelted us in the face. It was awesome. Then I remember getting off the ride and running to the bathroom where I attempted to wring out as much water as I could from my clothes and tried to dry off using paper towels and air dryers, which did not prove very effective. And the whole time I was laughing. I remember running around Disneyland that day sopping wet and having the best day ever. For me, on that particular day, it was the Happiest Place on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment