Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fall is my new favorite season.

Did you all know that leaves change color during the season we call Fall? They do not simply turn brown and fall to the ground in the matter of a few days. In parts of the country where people experience actual weather, the leaves turn these beautiful, rich, autumny colors. It's crazy!! I drove across the bridge that crosses Lake Lanier and just stared awe-struck at the contrast of silver-gray waters, trees in glorious fall colors, and the bright blue sky above. I never realized how starved I was for nature, for the magnificent beauty of God's creation, until I lived in the midst of it. The question of the reason/purpose behind this natural phenomenon entered my mind, and I admit I am curious regarding the scientific significance behind the changing colors of the leaves, but I think knowing might somehow diminish the awesomeness of what I am currently experiencing. Maybe the reason should simply be that God loves beautiful things and He is Creator, and he wants to share the beauty of His creation with us. I cannot help but gaze around me every day this season in awe and wonder at what God has created. Wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment