Sunday, November 14, 2010

My brother has inspired me to do this.

Ever since my younger brother Jon began his own writing/photography project, I cannot stop the flow of thoughts in my head. My brain keeps crafting different concepts for blog posts all day long, so I thought: why not start my own project? I know it's a little late for me to start a blog, but I never have been what you'd call a trendsetter. I'm the one who steps back and considers a decision before I act. However, I feel like I have so many thoughts and ideas and metaphors and philosophical questions and stories running through my brain all day of which I probably share less than 5%. So, this is my way of finally cracking open my brain and letting a few of those "thinks" out into the world.

I used to be scared to do so. Scared of what people would think of what I had to say, but I have realized that the only opinion I should truly care about is God's. As long as I please Him and bring Him glory, that's all that really matters. That's not to say that I will not carefully consider what I do decide to post for all to see. There's still too much of the pastor's kid mentality and my own semi-reserved nature ingrained me to do that, but I can speak truth and still be tactful. Suffice it to say, the simple truth of the matter is I really don't care how many people actually end up reading my posts. This project of mine is more for my benefit, for me to have a creative, literary outlet for my thoughts, feelings and ideas. So, if you happen to be reading my words, then welcome to my world!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heather!! How are you?! I'm so excited that you are starting a blog. What a fun adventure!! I can't wait to see what you "think". :)
    Oh. And I'm soooo your first follower. haha.

    ReplyDelete