Monday, November 29, 2010

I like to take vacations.

I like to take vacations. I'm not talking about taking off to New York City or London for a couple weeks, though I enjoy taking those types of vacations every once in a while, especially when it is to a place I have never been. The type of vacations I'm referring to are the short day-long vacations from life that I seem to need in order to maintain my sanity. As an introvert, I am energized by substantial amounts of time alone. Time to relax away from social interaction. I have discovered though that I need less time by myself than I thought. I used to think that for every few hours I spent socializing I needed another hour to recover. That is not the case now. It seems kinda ridiculous that I used to be so drained by being with people. I still need time to myself just not boatloads of it. However, I do have to say that my four day vacation over Thanksgiving break was very nice. I wasn't completely cut off from human interaction, but I was pretty close for at least a day, and I definitely enjoyed my time just hanging out at home.

My ultimate introvert vacation would be to rent a cottage on the outskirts of a quaint Irish village with just my dog Jack and I in residence. I would spend my days roaming the wilds of the Irish countryside or exploring the cute Irish village and listening to the fascinating locals or writing in a journal while gazing across the beauty of the landscape or curling up with a mug of hot cocoa and a good book by the crackling fire with my dog asleep by my side. That would be a slice of heaven for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment