Monday, November 15, 2010

My mom is awesome.

My mom is awesome for so many reasons. I think the best word to describe Mom is VIBRANT. There is so much life and energy that flows out of her and into the world around her that it makes me tired sometimes just thinking about all she accomplishes. My mom is so grounded in who she is and who she bases her identity on. This quality draws people to her. That and that fact that she is so much fun to be with! You never know what might happen on an adventure with Mom. She is so full of surprises. I think that is one of the reasons I grew up loving surprises. Some days I would come home from school and the furniture in my room would be rearranged or there would be a new book sitting on my bed or she would be  trying out a new recipe for dinner. There is always much fun and laughter to be had when Mom is around.

My mom is the person in my life who challenges me. She challenges me to be more open, to be more loving, to climb out of my introverted self and interact with the world. She challenges me to share myself with others, to go on adventures and not overthink the ramifications of my every action, to take chances. She challenges me to be better than I am. I love my mom, deeply, and I admire and respect the woman of God she is. I want to be like her when I grow up. I wouldn't mind looking as young and pretty either :)

Happy Birthday, Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment