Wednesday, December 1, 2010

There are two males in my bed right now.

There are two males in my bed right now. One is kinda cute but frequently annoys me. The other is adorable and loves me very much. One is shaggy and gangly and acts like a two year old most of the time. The other is more mature with big brown eyes and reddish brown hair and is very social. There is one thing they have common though: they are both of the canine persuasion. That's right - I'm dog-sitting for a couple days.

My parents' monster of a Yorkie, Coda, is still very much a puppy and so dramatic. He keeps getting up, sniffing around the bed, then decides on a new resting place and plops down with a long-suffering sigh. Coda doesn't seem to know what to do with himself when Mom and Dad are away. I cuddle with him and play with him and give him some attention, but although he participates, it's as if he's just placating me. "I know you're not Mom or Dad, but you're all I've got right now so I guess I'll make do." Whenever I come into the house, he seems excited to see me until I realize he's waiting for someone else to walk in behind me. Coda is really not that bad; he just misses the parents.

Jack, on the other hand, is genuinely excited when I come home. He loves people, but I like to think I'm his favorite. We've been roommates for over a year now, and I think we've gotten used to each other. Jack is a great roommate. He loves to cuddle with me but understands when I need some space. He's always excited to see me and greets me with enthusiasm, whether I've been gone for two minutes or two hours. He requires very little care in the area of personal hygiene. He's content to sit next to me and chill whether I'm on the computer, watching a movie, paying my bills or reading a book. Jack's pretty great. I'm glad that one day last October, Jon and Kat hijacked me saying we were going to Disneyland but took me to the Animal Shelter instead so I would finally adopt a dog instead of just saying I would get to it one day. I love my ninja/Houdini dog who sleeps with his tongue sticking out and assumes everyone he meets is a friend. Jack is awesome.

Well, I'm going to try these sleeping arrangements tonight and see how this works out. If I'm cranky from lack of sleep tomorrow, it's the dogs' fault and definite changes will be made for bed tomorrow night. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment